Over the holidays I had the most amazing experience, I got to travel to Thailand. The culture was awesome, but even better was the food. Thai food is not only packed with a lot of flavor, but most dishes are healthy for you too! So today I am making my favorite…. Papaya Salad
- 1 medium dark green papaya
- 3 garlic cloves (kratiem)
- 1 red Thai Chilies (prikkheenoo)
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- ½ cup of chopped green beans
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- ¼ cup of lime juice (1 lime squeezed) (ma-kaampiag)
- 1 cup of unsalted peanuts
- Peel the papaya and rinse with running water to remove the acid. Remove the seeds and shred the papaya with a grater. Set aside in a bowl of ice water for crispiness.
- Place the garlic cloves and the chilies in a mortar and mash with a pestle until crushed into chunks. Place the papaya and the remaining ingredients in the mortar and gently combine all ingredients by mixing with the pestle and a spoon. Serve cold and enjoy!