This recipe is quick and easy and the whole family will love it!
It will look burnt on top but that is the mixture of Balsamic Vinegar
& Ketchup when cooked.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (90 percent lean)
- 1 cup quick oats oatmeal
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the zucchini, bell peppers, garlic paste and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are almost soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Whisk the egg and fresh herbs in a large bowl. Add the turkey, quick oats oatmeal, grated cheese, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and the cooled vegetables; mix until just combined.
Gently press the mixture into a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a small bowl; brush the mixture over the entire loaf.
Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.