My Guacamole is awesome and I pair it with gluten free chips and carrots
Why is it better to make your own instead of the pre-packaged kind? You know what’s going into it and you can control the amount. When you taste it, you know you are getting the health benefits of the Avocados, instead of tons of sodium. Also you can add in different spices to change up the taste.
Benefits of eating Avocados- One of the added benefits of eating avocados, they help reduce levels of cortisol & inflammation, which helps cut down on fat storage in the mid region.
Benefits of Feta Cheese-When you choose feta cheese over standard cheddar cheese, you get the cheesy taste with a third less calories. Feta cheese is also a third lower in fat.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 Lime or Lemon- squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated black pepper
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes
- Optional- ¼ cup of Feta Cheese
- Cut avocados in half and remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don't overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.) Add the lime or lemon, garlic, salt and pepper and mash some more. Add in the red pepper flakes and feta cheese.