The holidays are over and it's New Year's resolution time. Start your morning off with a healthy juice to begin detoxing after indulging in all those extra holiday calories
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 cup(s) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup(s) loosely packed spinach
- Honey or agave syrup, if necessary
- Ice (optional)
- Add the orange juice, fruit, and spinach to a blender. Blend on medium-high speed until the all the spinach is blended and there are no visible green specks.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of agave syrup if necessary to sweeten.
- Add additional ice cubes for an icier drink.
5 QUICK TIPS TO ENHANCE YOUR DETOX DIET
- Start each morning with a glass of juice to gently wake up your system.
- Take a brisk walk to jump-start your circulation.
- Try yoga. Regular yoga practice will help you to balance and detoxify your body deeper and faster.
- Drink plenty of purified or spring water and replace your regular infusions with warm water with lemon. Eat four to five small meals a day to help boost your metabolism.
- If you want, chronicle your detox week by keeping a food diary, making special note of how you feel each day. As your week progresses, your body will send you little messages. Pay careful attention to these messages.
As your body detoxes, you might feel some temporary physical discomforts such mild headaches, sluggishness and body aches.