Cindy's Version of Grilled Lamb Loin Chop with Roasted Mustard/Sage Sweet Potatoes, Mexican Mint Marigold Pesto and Warm Goat Cheese Sauce
This recipe was very elegant and not difficult at all to make! Found the recipe on Food Network, then I modified it to make it more healthy and less fattening!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey (called for maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch thick disks
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup Mexican mint marigold (or tarragon), packed
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or water ( I used low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Goat Cheese Sauce:
- 6 tablespoons chevre (goat cheese)
- 4 tablespoons almond milk (called for half & half)
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 4 (5 to 6-ounce) lamb loin chops
Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F.
Combine the first 6 ingredients. Toss with the sweet potatoes. Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a sprayed baking sheet. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until beginning to brown.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree.
Goat Cheese Sauce:
Combine the goat cheese and almond milk in a small saucepan and heat over low heat until goat cheese is melted and sauce is warm.
Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
Season the lamb with the salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
To serve, divide the sweet potatoes onto 4 plates, loosely stacking them towards the center. Position a lamb chop on each stack. Drizzle pesto around the potatoes. Spoon goat cheese sauce over lamb.